Monday, September 19, 2011

The Summer in Review



I know I am a little behind in my blogging and my stories, but better late than never, right?  I have decided to do a little picture overview of Jordan and I's summer.  To be sure, it was busy, fun, exhausting, and energizing all at the same time.  May I say, spending the summer in Logan without a bathroom scale and with Le Nonne so close by is nothing short of blissful.  I'll insert stories as I see fit....
OLIVER

My one and only costume...as you know, I wrote a lot of blogs during this show....
So I started with Oliver because, frankly it was my least favorite.  The production was great, but I just didn't do very much  anything in it.  But, you do what you gotta do.
The large cast on Closing night















On the upside, I wrote virtually all of my closing night thank you cards during this show, completed a lot of blogs, and learned a dance that I eventually performed at a recital later during the summer.








DON GIOVANNI

 
  Yeah, he's pretty freaking handsome, even WITH the dreaded facial hair.   


In the only show Jordan and I were in together, Jordan played Don Ottavio and I played a Peasant/Hell Fury.  Yeah.  Hence why I have the most pics from this show.  Jordan looked pretty manly in his costumes--even though his character was kind of a pansy.  Again, you play what you are given.  And I will mention that he sang the CRAP out of his arias, particularly "Dalla Sua Pace," which was added to the show after Michael Ballam saw a dress rehearsal and immediately requested that Jordan be given another aria so that people could enjoy his voice even more (seriously, that was the reason.)







Sid the Serpent.                                 
This was my 80s-Pat-Benatar wig for Act II.  I loved it.  I have never been a red head and this was just as fun as it has always looked :)
The Hell Furies--(From L.) Elena Midlina, Me, Elena Armijo, and Brigid Kegel

And...this is is how I looked when I met President Uchtdorf and his wife (click the link if you don't know who that is).  Yep.  They came through the line and he said, "Which one of you is married to the tenor?"  I spoke up and we went to chat with Jordan for a while.  As we were discussing where we had gotten sealed, Sis. Uchtdorf said, "Well, I don't vant to go vhere you are from, but you look fabulous!"  It made me laugh.  I met them again that night after Oliver! and we had a good laugh about how much nicer I looked in that show... :)
                                                                                                                                                                  
My truly awesome makeup

Act I Finale--I am probably behind Jordan :)

Don Ottavio and Peasant
Can you say Christmas card? Just kidding.

Trish my amazing makeup artist

My dear friend Elena Armijo and I in our dressing room
BORIS GODONOV

Evil Prince Shuisky and I

I wasn't in this show, but Jordan tore it up as the villain in this Russian Political drama.

SOUTH PACIFIC


Pilgrims and Indians
 This was my favorite show to do--probably because I had the most to do in it :)  I had lots of costumes and here are some of them....
Aaron Lopez and I--Dance Partners

Mom Jeans!!! The lovely Ladies of South Pacific
                      
Sue Yaeger
      
Hallie and I for Wash that Man

 Hallie and I were the only two wearing actual bathing suits and that means we had to work out...among other things....
French girl on Bali Hai

The ladies with Bloody Mary.


After the final show, we had a little dance party on stage.  Seriously, that show has some of the best exit music I have ever heard!!!




Honey Bun!!
THE MERRY WIDOW


Elena Midlina and I
 We got to wear beautiful gowns for the first half of the show, and then became the Ladies of Maxim's--Can Can dancers.  I was "Clo-Clo"--duh.


















Jumping picture!


Lori and I

Jordan and I after a show.

Almost all the grisettes--Lo-Lo, Do-Do, Jou-Jou, Clo-Clo, adn Margot :)  We are only missing Frou Frou.


THE MOZART REQUIEM AND OTHER CONCERTS


Sarah Nicole, Katie and I backstage of the Carnevale Operafesta.  PS my gown is new!!

Jordan, the soloists (Jeannette, Rochelle, and Chris) with conductor Craig Jessop
RANDOM LOGAN STUFF


Double rainbow!!!

Beautiful Cache Valley and the Logan Temple

Yeah, that's Janet and a GIANT pizza.  Love it.
So...that was the summer in review!! Hope you enjoyed the fun as much as we did!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment