Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lamb of God

Hello everyone-


I know that the chances of this post getting to anyone who HASN'T heard about the coming weekend's events is poor, but I'd really love to see as many people at Gammage as possible this weekend.


On Friday and Saturday, Jordan and I will be joining about 200 other people (soloists, choir, and orchestra included) to perform one of Rob Gardner's best musical pieces, "Lamb of God."  I have had the good fortune to perform this in Las Vegas as Mary Magdalene with Jordan as Peter and can't wait to do the piece again this weekend.  I'll be lending my voice to the choir this time (Jord will still be Peter) and I am so excited to get to sing other songs than last time around.  I can honestly say that this piece as a whole is one of if not the most uplifting pieces of music I have ever had the privilege of singing.  Often, I feel that "sacred music" can be a little bit disingenuine or manipulative, but I don't find "Lamb of God" to be that way at all.  Every musical moment feels like it SHOULD be there and, while it is extremely emotional, I can say that I have been moved to tears nearly every time I have heard or sung parts of the piece.  Some favorite moments: "I am the Resurrection," "Gloria," and "Gethsemane."  But choosing a favorite piece is nearly impossible.  While I do think the piece bears testimony of Jesus Christ and His love for us, I think that anyone, regardless of their faith, can enjoy the pure beauty of the music.  The choir, the soloists, and the orchestra are some of the best that Arizona has to offer.  If you can make it, please do yourself a favor and come see it.  


Here's the info:  Lamb of God, Friday Sept 9 and Saturday Sept 10, 2011 at ASU Gammage Auditiorium  Click here or  call the Box Office at (480-965-3434) to get tickets ahead of time or just get them at the door.  Also,  click here or previews of the work--you can hear song clips and watch videos!!


Seriously, please come and check it out.  You WILL NOT regret it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment