Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who do you think you are, Gordon Ramsey???

Okay--I am inspired to write this as I sit here, on my couch, watching the series premiere of Hell's Kitchen with my husband.  Neither of us have ever seen this show and I have to say, I am APPALLED at the way Gordon Ramsey is behaving as I sit here.  We did watch Master Chef recently, and he didn't seem that mean.  I understand that this is a tv show, and for "entertainment value" is has been decided that Ramsey will act as Satan of the kitchen and it is his job to induce mayhem, stress, anxiety, and, in my case, hatred.  I am beginning to hate this man.  Or at least his "character" on this show.  The thing is, he is playing himself.  Does he really not care how he treats people?????  I understand that these chefs are held to a higher standard because they are professionals, and that he is responsible for judging harshly and keeping it dramatic.  But there is no reason, NEVER a reason to repeatedly tell someone to  "------ off, you -----er" (use your imagination).  In the first hour of this 2 hour premiere, I have heard the f-word bleeped out at least 25 times (and that is an estimate from Jordan).

Now, I am a theatre girl.  I hear language.  I even, regrettably, occasionally use language (though never the f-word...i HATE it).  But NO ONE is so above everyone else, so much better than everyone that they have the right to speak to another human being the way that he does.  There are people that use the f-word casually, and then there is Gordon Ramsey.  He uses it as a weapon.  Ugh. I am so disgusted by his behavior towards other people.  It makes me uncomfortable.  I would not put up with that at all.  No one talks to me like that and I wouldn't want to be on that show cause I would feel like speaking up for my teammates when he yelled in their faces.  

Ramsey doesn't just insult people's food and work in the kitchen.  He insults their appearance, there breathing, their clothing, and even their eyebrows.  Its childish, and frankly, ridiculous.

Sigh.  I'm not even on the show, but I feel stressed.  I feel insulted.  I feel like crying, and I feel like kicking Gordon Ramsey in the face.  Next time, I'll just watch the Barefoot Contessa.

4 comments:

  1. EXACTLY! I despise that man with all I have, for EVERY reason you ahve stated. I refuse to watch that show, unfortunately, Julie LOVES that show. I don't get it. I don't understand how anyone can watch it and come away not angry. Anyway, I'm forced on occassion to hear that jerk face yelling at people. So BUGGY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats how he's been for at least 10 years, id say. i watched him on uk tele when i was in ireland. they dont call him godon effin ramsay for nothing. :o)

    hes a jerk. plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, if I was on that show and he yelled at me like that...PROBLEMS! That's what he would have on his hands. There are knives in a kitchen...sharp ones, and Gordy, yeah, things wouldn't go well if he started screaming at me like that.

    Too bad, he wasn't even bad on Master Chef, but just the commercials of Hell's Kitchen make me want to tackle that guy and put the hurt down.

    ReplyDelete