Wednesday, September 29, 2010

24

Hello everyone!! I have tons to catch up on--but I need to go in order or else I won't go back.

So my 24th birthday was on September 14th.  It fell on a Tuesday, but I saw my family a few days before on the closing of Music Man.  A little known (okay, a really well known) fact about me is that I LOVE pie.  Pretty much any kind, but one of my very favorites is deep dish pumpkin--which my mom happens to make really well.  So every year, I get a  birthday pie instead of cake from her.  How awesome is that? After some fun autumn/halloween inspired gifts from my family we enjoyed the pie and homemade ice cream.  Rad.

Tuesday, Jord and I were back in Las Vegas, and I woke up to my adorable husband jumping on the bed yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY and smiling at me like a two year old.  :)  He bought me a gorgeous crystal necklace, a kohl's gift card, and a beautiful card that made me tear up--like all his cards do.  Later that night, he took me to Buca de Beppo for dinner.  Our friend Nathan joined us for delicious food (his awesome wife Nikki was out of town--but i enjoyed my itunes gift card from them the next day) and I got free brownie deliciousness cause it was my bday.  Then we went back home and Jord served me my chocolate birthday cake that he had made himself and served it with my favorite- butter pecan ice cream!!  It was an awesome day!!!


I still feel young enough to enjoy my birthdays so hooray for turning 24!!  BTW it only occurred to me at the end of the day that I should have had a Jack Bauer themed party.  Dang.   Thanks to everyone for making my bday awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment