Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1st Anniversary!!!

So one year ago, on September 25, 2009, I married my true love and best friend Jordan.  It was one of, if not THE, happiest days of my life and I am grateful every day that I was blessed with such an amazing husband.  Seriously, he is the perfect man for me and I can't BELIEVE how lucky I am to be married to him and that he chose me!! If I'm ever feeling down about myself, I just have to remember that Jordan chose me and I feel instantly better.  :)

So, Jordan had been planning a surprise trip for our first anniversary since mid-June.  He really likes surprising me and he's really good at it.  I also like being surprised with this sort of thing, so it works out.  The one hard part is packing.  He gave me guidelines, but inevitably, I packed way more than I needed to so that I would have options once I got to wherever I was going.  We were leaving on Friday, and the Thursday before, we were over at Nathan and Nikki's house for a viewing of the 5th Harry Potter movie before our trip.  Nikki also had a surprise trip that Nathan was planning for her on the same weekend (fishy...but Jordan had given me all the details on her surprise trip to Sedona so I believed it was just a coincidence...silly me).  Anyway, before we watched the movie, the boys went upstairs for awhile and when they came back they gave us both bags full of clues to where we were going.  In mine were disney princess bouncy balls and other disney paraphernalia.  DISNEYLAND!!! I screamed and jumped into Jord's arms and a kissfest ensued for a minute or so.  i LOVE disneyland and I've joked with Jordan that he wouldn't really know me until we had done disneyland together cause I get so giddy and excited there.  After my reveal, Nikki opened her bag.  It was full of the same stuff!! The boys had successfully duped us into believing that we were going on separate surprise trips when we were really both going to Disneyland!! After a lot of screaming and jumping up and down and laughing, we calmed down enough to enjoy some Potter action.

The next morning, Jord and I drove to California and hit Dland ourselves.  (nathan and nikki were so cool and nice to let us have some alone time on our anniversary trip as well as some slammin' fab four time).  We hit up a ton of rides and then did dinner with Nathan and Nikki at California Pizza Kitchen.
Jordan on our first entrance to D-Land, just in time for the parade!
The next day (our actual anniversary) was amazing.  We both got free Happy Anniversary pins, ensuring that the workers and characters would say Happy Anniversary to us all weekend (if you don't feel like a VIP after that, then you have no imagination).  Together with Nathan and Nikki, we blew through almost every ride at least twice--it was a record breaking heat weekend in Anaheim, so very few people were there (you know, for disneyland).  It was SO MUCH FUN!!  Group faves were Hollywood Tower of Terror (HTOT), Thunder Mountain RR (BTMRR), and Pirates.  But all were enjoyed.  It was Halloween Time in the park, so there were pumpkins everywhere, which just made it better.  Here are some fave pics from Saturday:
Jordan, Nathan, and Nicole

Yeah...we got wet on Splash Mountain

The Fab Four

This was taken at the time we were married on our anniversary!
On California Screamin' for the 2nd time in a row out of 3



That night we also watched the fireworks show (yep, I cried when Julie Andrews said, "And remember....dreams come true!"..it was my anniversary for cripes sake!!), and Fantasmic (yeah, I cried again--that pirate ship is so much fun I can't not cry).  Our bodies felt "punished" (jord's word) and so we slept in on Sunday.  

Sunday was "our" day.  We took it to ourselves.  We hit up a sacrament meeting close by and then napped.  We did all the low key attratctions--like the train and Small world and then had a nice dinner in Downtown Disney at Naples.  It was delicious, romantic, and perfect.  I love him so much.

Monday, we hit the park hard again.  By the end of the day, we couldn't think of anything to go on that we hadn't been on at least 2 or 3 times.  Or more.  Lets just say that the 113 degree heat gave us an advantage (depending on who you ask....the frozen lemonade saved our lives that day).  More pics, you ask?  No problem.
Obligatory jumping disneyland picture

NO HANDS on HTOT--try it before you knock it

yeah...we were scared

somebody get this man a corndog!!

Nathan, Nikki, and Jordan before World of Color
So after we did some souvenir shopping, we headed over to California adventure for dinner and to get our spot for the new show, World of Color.  IT was incredible.  Nikki has the good pictures from the show, so be ready for more pics when we share or she posts about it and I direct you there.  Both of us were crying (nikki and i--not Jord and I haha) because it was so amazing.  Sigh.  Disney magic again.  Seriously, its one of the only places in the world that I have found that completely relaxes my mind.  I am not worried about anything else--not bills, housing, dental appointments, or working out.  I am just happy and living in the moment.  While this happens to me everytime i get to go there, this time it was even better, because I was sharing it with Jordan, one year after we promised to belong to one another forever.  Now, if that isn't a dream come true, I don't know what is.  

Thank you and happy anniversary, sweetheart. 



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post!! Love ALLLL the pictures too. And tower of Terror and thunder Mt. Railroad are my FAVES!

    You are lucky to have such a sweet mann who loves you so much. So glad you had such a blast.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was some serious fun. Remember that one time when we went on HTOT 3 times in a row NO HANDS!!?

    ReplyDelete