Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Isn't it Romantic?

Okay---as you will see if you continue to read this blog, I LOVE my husband.  I know, I know, that's probably the way it should be...but I really think he is the most amazing man in the whole world.  Good thing I got to marry him, huh.  


Anyway, enough super mushy stuff for now...here is something funny about our relationship: I pretty  much think that he is romantic all the time.  The funny part is that he isn't trying.  He has said on multiple occasions, "Wow.  This is great.  I don't have to do much and you think I am being super suave guy."


Here is a short list of things he does randomly that are, in reality, mundane things, but for some reason I see them as proclamations of his love for me:


1. Letting me have the last bite of whatever it is we are sharing.
2.  Holding my hand.
3.  Scooting over on the couch so I have room to lay down and put my feet on him.
4.  Kissing me when the Suns win a game.
5.  Kissing me EVER.  (which btw is all the time)
6.  Telling me that what I made for dinner is a "triumph"
7. Offering to hold the camera and take pictures of where we go cause I always forget, but I LOVE pictures.
8.  Always driving, but asking me if I want to drive.
9.  Encouraging me to go buy some clothes, if it will make me happy.
10.  Seeing my show FOUR times.


Anyway, I'm sure I could think of more and seriously, there are TONS of times that he does something without thinking about it and I think... "How romantic!"-- Note:  He can be a very intentionally romantic person too.  Ask me about how he proposed.  Sheesh.


He also teases me a little about how funny it is that I think everything is about me or directed toward me.  Maybe that makes me narcissistic, but I think it just makes me happy to think that everything Jord does is cause he loves me :) Haha!!


Well, yesterday, the TABLES TURNED.  Yeppers, I apparently did something that was super thoughtful/romantic for him and I had no idea!!


Jordan is a Del Taco FANATIC.  Don't ask me why (although I do love their cheesecake bites.)  Seriously, the man could eat that stuff at least once a week--probably more.  Now, Tuesdays are Taco Nights at Del Taco and that means super cheap mexican food.  He loves a bargain almost as much as he loves the tacos, so Tuesdays were a big deal for him when he was a bachelor.  I am alright with it, but I also really like cooking and don't do fast food too much, so his Del Taco intake has been down since we got married 7 months ago.


Well, yesterday, we were out getting a frozen yogurt treat before watching Glee, and I saw we were passing a DT and asked, "Hey Babe, do you want any tacos?"  He said, "Why do you want some?"  I looked at him kinda funny cause I almost NEVER want tacos and I replied "No, but its Taco Night and I thought you might want some."


I may as well have written him a song and sang it to him on one knee because he looked at me and smiled and started laughing and said "That is REALLY SWEET! No I don't want any but that was so romantic.  I guess it's finally my turn to see the romance in something completely trivial.  Ha!!"  We laughed about it for awhile.  Apparently, all I have to do is remember Taco Night and he'll think I am the most thoughtful and loving wife EVER.


My life is pretty great. (btw this post was for you Nikki :)




3 comments:

  1. You two are cute. The end.

    Oh, and I love the three kissing shots in different locales, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are the poster kids for HAPPINESS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete