Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Common" Knowledge

Hello, again.  Fancy meeting you here.  I know.  I promised a mountain of posts.  And I have the ideas.  Just very little drive.  If some time arrives and I can write a blog post or watch, well, anything on Netflix, I usually choose Netflix.  Clearly.  Right now, my obsession is The West Wing.

So, I am sitting here, getting ready to go see my brother perform in his first Shakespeare play, Cymbeline.  I have read this play in college, and yet, I remember NOTHING about it- literally not even whether its a comedy or a tragedy.  So glad I got a college education.

Really, what I wanted to say was that I was sitting here while Jordan is watching The Walking Dead.  I cannot watch this show.  It is way too grody for me.  But I can hear the noises coming from the TV.  Here's what happened from my perspective-- keep in mind this is only what I hear:

"Man:  mmmgggghhhh......aaarrrggggg....grrrrrrr....."

"Woman: (noise of gun cocking) I gotcha...."

"Man:   ggrrrrrrrr.....are ya gonna shoot me?  aarrrrgggg"

"Woman: (BAM!!!!)"

"Jordan:  oh no!!!! (sigh)"


So, I say to Jordan, "Wait, she wasn't supposed to shoot him?"  and he says "NO! (with "duh" infiltrating his voice).  "But I thought he was a zombie....." and then Jordan laughs at me and says.....

"HONEY.  Zombies can't talk."

My bad.  I didn't know.  Again, I wonder why I went to college if I didn't come out with this common knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahahaha I feel like that all of the time. Zombies don't talk indeed.

    ReplyDelete