Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wonderland

So, I just closed up the last production at Mesa's Broadway Palm West Dinner Theatre.  The theatre sold the space to a new company, so the children's show "Alice in Wonderland" was the last one.  I am not going to lie, it was a little bittersweet, given that my first professional show was at Broadway Palm years ago, when I did "The Sound of Music."  Back then, I had just finished my freshman year of college.  Geesh.  Since then, I have had the privilege of working there many times, with a special place in my heart for the children's theatre.  A look back at a few kids shows from the past at Bway Palm:

"Cinderella"

"The Nutcracker"

"Aladdin"

"Sleeping Beauty"

As you can see, there is a certain Disney fairy-tale theme present.  So, it only made sense to end it with another Disney, Jr. show, "Alice in Wonderland."  While not my favorite Disney movie, it ended up being extremely fun and I had a great time acting like a little girl with a big imagination :)

In autograph line, a little girl dressed up as "Alice!"



My dad, the Mad Hatter, with Cullen Law and my niece, Paige.

Jordan and I :)



So...there was that time when the AC started leaking onstage left...

Children's show wall in the green room

the other side of the kids' shows

Anthony Chavez, Me, Liz Millea, Paul Thomson, Mark Kleinman, Catherine Wong, Cullen Law, Allison Houston, Skyler Bean, and Rudy Ramirez


Thanks, Broadway Palm!  Its been fun!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it! I have to say the little girl in the Alice costume just makes you believe that you are part of some little one's favorite dream. What a special role to play - making dreams come true in "real life." Well done, well done. The end of an era, but the beginning for you!

    ReplyDelete