Thursday, March 31, 2011

Princesses and P90x

Well, friends, I find myself coming to the end of two things in the next week or two:  My show and my exercise program.  One is happy the other is bittersweet I suppose.

For the last month, I've had the best job in the world:  playing Princess Aurora in Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Jr. at Broadway Palm West in Mesa, AZ.  Its a children's show, which means the audiences are forgiving and energetic, and very vocal.  I love hearing kids shout "Look out, Maleficent is right behind you!!!"-- it means they care :)  I get to wear beautiful costumes, work with awesome people, and spend my afternoons singing to a puppet owl on my arm about my dream prince.  I waltz, I sing, and I faint--and I have awesome dance competitions backstage with the goon and three good fairies.  My life is awesome.



Another part I love it autographs--because its so much fun to meet these kids!  They truly think I am a princess and I love it!  i get countless hugs from little girls dressed up like Aurora and Cinderella and it makes me so happy that they are so happy.  Also, I get to meet some mentally challenged people that come and it is always enlightening.  Last week, a charming young man with Down's Syndrome actually bowed to me and showed me his sword fighting skills, asking if he could play the prince next time.  it simultaneously broke my heart and warmed it.  I cannot wait for the day to come when he is able to express himself without inhibition by a mental and physical illness.  I know that day will come--even if its not in this lifetime.

The show closes on April 9, and I'm sure I will miss it and the people I work with.  Side note-- I am also sad that I can't be with Jordan, my dad, and pretty much everyone I know in Salt Lake City that day to sing in the Lamb of God.  On account of Sleeping Beauty, I can't sing in this incredible work.  I know it is going to be a life changing experience for many.  I was privileged to sing it with Jordan in Las Vegas earlier this month and it strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ so much.  I KNOW that He lives and we will all be resurrected again because of Him.  If any  of you are in Utah on the 9th, do yourself a favor and go.  Here's the website: Lamb of God 

Okay, for the second bit of news:  as of Saturday morning, Jordan and I will have completed P90X!!!!!!

That's right: we are done with p90x!!!
Jordan and I have been doing the program since January and I have only missed ONE day of exercise, due to the flu.  We even brought the workout dvds with us while we were performing in Vegas and exercised in our hotel room!  now that's dedication.

Truthfully, I have never been this dedicated to any exercise regime in my life, and I know I couldn't have done it so well without Jordan's support.  We helped each other get through it and I am so proud of us!!  I didn't lose much weight, but my body fat percentage has dropped dramatically and I can do about a zillion more real pushups than before.  I KNOW that I'm stronger than ever and it makes me feel good (even though my, uh, chest has taken quite a hit in the size department---Jordan says he doesn't notice, but I know it's a kind lie).  Mostly I feel totally healthy and sexy and confident and I am so happy.  Jordan looks INCREDIBLE and I can't believe I get to be married to such a hottie.

We started doing the nutrition program too, and have adapted it over time.  We are on a modified diet right now and I'm planning on keeping to it pretty much.
BUT, you better believe I will be having French toast as soon as possible-- I've been craving it for over a month.  Jordan and I are celebrating with Pizza on Sat night after Priesthood session and I'm stoked.  Mostly I'm just glad I can say I did something the whole way without quitting, even when I was so sore I wanted to cry.  Yay!!

Last note:  For those of you who want to know more about my church-- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormonism)-- this weekend we are having our biannual General Conference.  There are four general sessions (2 Saturday and 2 on Sudnay).  It is a meeting for EVERYONE to watch and is on television in many places.  You can also stream it live online here.

It is a chance to listen to the Lord's prophet, apostles, and leaders who are on the earth today--I truly have a testimony and know that these men and women are called of our Heavenly Father to help counsel us against pitfalls in our day.  I hope that if you have any questions or interest in what I believe, you'll give it a chance.  What harm could it do to watch it?

Anyway, that's what's going on with me in a nutshell-- lots to be grateful for and excited about!!




1 comment:

  1. You ROCK! So proud of you for sticking it out, and you both look great!

    And you know I'm happy that you wrote a post! haha

    ReplyDelete