Sunday, May 15, 2011

Being a Good Person

This is going to be one of those more introspective blogs....so if you are looking for something hilarious...try elsewhere today folks.

For the last month and a half, I've been doing a lot of soul searching and pondering.  A few things have come up in my life that made me stop and think about what it means to be a righteous and good person.  I finally have put to rest and forgiven myself for some past mistakes (that's always the hardest part for me), but now that I have reached a higher level of clarity, I keep seeing things that need tweaking in my life.  I know that I need to look at this as a good thing--a refining and purifying experience that will result in me being a better person, but there are times that I just want a break to be honest.  That's very bad of me to say, but I hope that the day comes soon that I can have a whole day without feeling guilty about something!  I know I'm not perfect, and I'm not asking for that (at least, not yet), but it seems that recently I've been acutely aware of my faults and frustrated that they all seem really hard to fix.  As soon as I figure one thing out, hours later I am plunged right into another thing that I need to deal with to feel like I can breathe easy.

I know that I'm not the only person that has felt this way, and I'm sure I'll get through it, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so that I could move on.  Thanks for listening.

On a much lighter note, I am so proud of Jordan for finishing this last semester with STRAIGHT A's!! Atta baby!

3 comments:

  1. well. i think youre fabulous. and dont you forget it!!!
    my advice is - dont be so hard on yourself. and since im really (not) that good at that, im allowed to say it! i think you are really good. super good! i miss you! the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm ... thats from me, nikki. not nathan. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...thanks Nikki. So I think that before the boys get together alone again, we should have a girls weekend. just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete